Moroccan cakes with coconut and apricot jam
- 500g flour
- 1/2 bowl of powdered sugar
- 1/2 bowl of neutral oil
- 3 whole eggs
- 1 jar of apricot jam
- 125 g grated coconut
- 1 packet of baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- Preparation30 mins
- Cooking20 mins
- 1.Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- 2.Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 3.Beat the whole eggs with the powdered sugar in a container until the mixture whitens.
- 4.Add the neutral oil then the flour, salt and baking powder. Mix well until you get a smooth but thick paste.
- 5.Form small balls of dough with your hands and place them on the baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- 6.Flatten each ball of dough with the palm of your hand.
- 7.Place in the oven and bake the sweet cupcakes for 20 minutes until golden brown.
- 8.At the end of baking, let the cupcakes cool on a wire rack.
- 9.Once the cupcakes have cooled, remove them from the baking sheet.
- 10.Pour the apricot jam into a bowl.
- 11.Pour the grated coconut into a deep plate.
- 12.Dip the cupcakes in the apricot jam then stick them together with two by two.
- 13.Then dip each pair of small cookies in the grated coconut to coat them well.
- 14.Store the assembled cupcakes with apricot jam and coconut in an airtight container until serving.
- 15.Serve to accompany a Moroccan mint tea, for example.
For this recipe of Moroccan cakes with coconut and apricot jam, you can count 20 min of preparation. To learn more about the foods in this dessert recipe,