Grilled trout with thyme and herbs
Hmmm baked trout is always a good idea! Especially when they are cooked with lots of good things like thyme, bay leaf, Provencal herbs, lemon, olive oil… A good fish recipe that smells of the Mediterranean. Preparation in 15 minutes, cooking in 10 minutes, here is a balanced and tasty dish, quick to make, and which will appeal to young and old alike. To be tested very quickly, and to keep in your little files;) We are sure that you will gladly take it out.
- 4 trout
- 1 lemon (untreated)
- 1 dozen garlic cloves in a shirt
- 1 bunch of thyme
- 4 bay leaves
- 4 pinches of Provencal herbs
- 8 c. olive oil
- Salt, ground pepper
- Preparation15 mins
- Cooking10 minutes
- Rest1 min
- 1.Ask your fishmonger to gut and scale your trout. Clean the inside and outside of your trout with clean water and dry them with a paper towel.
- 2.Preheat your oven th.8 (240°C). Wash and cut the lemon into fairly thick slices.
- 3.Hull and coarsely chop the thyme. In a bowl, mix the thyme, salt, pepper and olive oil. Then stuff the trout with half of the mixture and add the lemon slices, the garlic cloves in the shirt and the bay leaves.
- 4.Place them in an ovenproof dish and drizzle with the rest of the mixture. Bake them for 10 minutes (or cook them on the barbecue). When they are well cooked and well grilled, sprinkle them with Provencal herbs and serve them piping hot with potatoes, a timbale of rice, grilled vegetables, a well-seasoned salad or fresh pasta. Also, remember to offer lemon wedges! Lemon juice is always popular with fish.
Want to customize this recipe? How about adding a few slices of onions to the stuffing? You can also add flat-leaf parsley or basil leaves, your dish will be even tastier.