Filet mignon in a crust
An easy and delicious recipe. Slightly spiced up with old-fashioned mustard.
- 700 grams of tenderloin
- 1 puff pastry
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 tbsp. old fashioned mustard
- 3 tbsp. coffee heavy cream
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 C. parsley
- 1 egg yolk for gilding
- salt pepper
- Preparation10 minutes
- Cooking40 mins
- Rest30 mins
- 1.In a casserole dish, brown the filet mignon on all sides in the olive oil for 3 minutes over high heat.
- 2.Add salt and pepper.
- 3.Take it out of the casserole and let it cool down.
- 4.Peel, degerm and chop the garlic cloves
- 5.In a bowl, mix the mustard, fresh cream, parsley, garlic, salt and pepper.
- 6.Unroll the puff pastry, place the filet mignon and brush it with the previous mixture.
- 7.Roll the dough around, closing well.
- 8.Using a brush, brush the dough with the egg yolk.
- 9.Bake at 180° for 40 minutes.
For this Filet mignon en croute recipe, you can count on 40 min of preparation.