Caribbean flan with Thermomix
West Indian flan is also known as coconut flan. This dessert with Caribbean flavors is surprisingly light to taste. The recipe for West Indian flan with the Thermomix is very easy, and one minute is enough to emulsify all the ingredients! By magic, this flan prepared from a single device reveals, when cut, two superimposed textures…
- 1 can of sweetened condensed milk (370 g)
- 500g milk
- 125 g grated coconut
- 3 eggs
- 120g sugar
- Preparation5 minutes
- Cooking45 mins
- 1.Pour the mixture into the caramelized mold. Place in the oven and cook in a bain-marie for 45 minutes.
- 2.When the mold is cold, place it in the refrigerator and unmold it just before serving.
- 3.Pour the sweetened condensed milk, milk, eggs, and grated coconut into the Thermomix bowl. Mix 1 min, speed 5.
- 4.Prepare caramel by pouring the sugar into a heavy-bottomed saucepan. Add a dash of water to moisten the sugar. Melt the sugar until it caramelizes, stirring constantly with a spatula. As soon as the caramel reaches a nice light color, remove it from the heat. Indeed, it continues to cook in the pan. Then, pour it into a rectangular cake mold, so that it covers the entire bottom.
- 5.Preheat your oven to th.6 (180°C).
For a Caribbean flan with even more pronounced Creole flavors, add 1 tbsp. tablespoons of rum in the ingredients before mixing everything together. You can decorate the Caribbean flan by covering the caramel with grated coconut.