When you decide to adopt a vegan lifestyle, the problem of fat often arises. Indeed, butter of animal origin and palm oil are hiding everywhere! Only one solution… Pastry! To replace traditional butter, nothing better than homemade margarine made from vegetable oils. No need for complicated ingredients: soy lecithin, soy milk, or other milk. The watchword is fewer ingredients for much more taste! Good news, we give you our secret for a successful vegan recipe.
- 100g cashew nuts
- 100g deodorized coconut oil
- 1 C. tablespoons olive or grapeseed oil
- 7 cl of water
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- Preparation15 mins
- Rest4 a.m.
- 1. Start by soaking the cashews for a day in cold water. Then discard the soaking water and mix the cashew nuts in the Blender with 7cl of water. You should get a smooth paste.
- 2. Next, melt the coconut oil in a saucepan over low heat. In the Blender, add the melted coconut oil and the olive (or grapeseed) oil to the cashews. Add the salt, you can go up to a teaspoon for a semi-salted vegetable butter.
- 3. Mix until you obtain completely homogeneous and smooth vegetable margarine.
- 4. Pour the mixture into an airtight container and let cool for at least 4 hours before serving. To keep your vegetable butter, simply place it in the refrigerator.
Coconut fan? Choose non-deodorized coconut oil to make delicious coconut-flavored cakes. And to give an irresistible color to your vegetable butter, add a pinch of turmeric.