Quick and easy cheese soufflé
Have you ever dared cheese soufflé? Never mind! This recipe is magical and super easy to make. No need for the technique of a great starred chef, nor need an hour of preparation… Just 15 minutes and presto, in the oven! A tasty and airy delight, accompanied by a good well-seasoned green salad, and it’s a guaranteed success with young and old alike!
- 1/2 liter of milk
- 4 eggs
- 60g butter
- 50g flour
- 125 g grated Gruyere cheese
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- salt pepper
- Preparation15 mins
- Cooking25 mins
- 1.Preheat your oven to th.6 (180°C).
- 2.In a saucepan, make a roux by melting the butter and adding the flour. Mix well, until the butter is completely absorbed. Then add the milk while continuing to mix. When the mixture thickens and begins to have the texture of a béchamel, add salt, pepper and nutmeg. Add the egg yolks (keep the whites well) one after the other, always turning, then the grated cheese.
- 3.Beat the egg whites. Gently add them to your preparation at the last moment.
- 4.Butter and flour the soufflé dish (or several small ones) and fill it halfway.
- 5.Bake for around 25 mins. When the soufflé puffs up and slightly overflows from the mold, serve immediately.
How about replacing the grated Gruyère with Comté cheese? 😉 And for lovers of stronger cheeses, try this recipe with maroille or old Lille!