Gougères in the county
Change from the usual chips and other industrial biscuits. For the aperitif, impress your friends by offering delicious Comté gougères. These small cheese puffs from Burgundy and Franche-Comté are very easy to make and above all very tasty. After trying this recipe, you will become addicted!
- 75 g of Comté
- 3 eggs
- 125g flour
- 50g butter
- ½ tsp. salt
- Preparation15 mins
- Cooking35 mins
- 1.Preheat the oven to 180°C (thermostat 6).
- 2.Place the butter cut into pieces in a saucepan. Melt it over low heat with the salt and 25 cl of water.
- 3.When the butter is well melted, add the flour all at once. Mix vigorously using a wooden spatula, until you obtain a homogeneous paste, which comes off the sides of the pan.
- 4.Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well each time.
- 5.Grate the Comté and add it to the choux pastry. Mix well to distribute it evenly.
- 6.Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper. Drop-in, using two teaspoons, heaps of dough spaced far enough apart as they will swell when cooked.
- 7.Bake for 35 minutes. When the Comté gougères are golden brown, remove them from the oven.
- 8.Let the Comté gougères cool for 1 or 2 minutes to avoid burning yourself. Enjoy them hot or warm.
Vary the pleasures by replacing the Comté with the same quantity of gouda with cumin or Mimolette. Whatever your desire, always choose strong-tasting cheeses, which will spice up the choux pastry. You can also decorate your gougères with spices, slivers of walnuts or hazelnuts, and fresh herbs, which will give even more flavor to these delicious little bites.