Baked stuffed tomatoes
Baked stuffed tomatoes are large tomatoes that are hollowed out and then filled with sausage meat and parsley. And finally baked. You can vary them endlessly, but the classic recipe is really simple and quick to make! So fire up your oven! Let’s go!
- 200g sausage meat
- 4 large tomatoes
- 1 bunch of parsley
- 1 blond onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 tbsp. breadcrumbs
- 3 tbsp. milk
- 1 C. olive oil
- Salt pepper
- Preparation10 minutes
- Cooking30 mins
- 1.Preheat your oven to 150°C fan-forced mode.
- 2.Start by opening your large tomatoes by cutting the upper part about 1cm from the tail. Empty them using a teaspoon. Reserve the pulp in a large bowl.
- 3.Prepare the stuffing: peel the garlic clove and chop it finely. Finely chop the onion and sauté it in a pan with the garlic and olive oil, until it browns. Place the tomato pulp, the onion and the leaves of the bunch of parsley in the bowl of the mixer. Add salt and pepper. Then mix finely. Mix the preparation obtained with the sausage meat until you obtain a homogeneous stuffing.
- 4.Using a teaspoon, completely fill the tomatoes with your stuffing. The stuffing should protrude slightly. Place the “lids” on the stuffing to reform the tomatoes.
- 5.Bake at medium height for 30 to 40 minutes, depending on the size of the tomatoes. Serve your stuffed tomatoes in the oven with a little rice, or steamed potatoes.
You can tweak this recipe endlessly. Personally, I like to replace half of the sausage meat with ground veal, it makes everything lighter. In addition, I often add a few basil leaves, a little rum and rosemary to my stuffing. And 2 tablespoons of parmesan, to have a Mediterranean flavor, dear to my kitchen!